I created this 5 ingredient recipe because I love simple yet nutrient dense food. It is perfect on a bed of quinoa or on top of avocado toasts.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained*
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mince garlic and dice the tomato and onion.
- In a pan heat olive oil.
- Sautee garlic, tomato and onion in olive oil until tomato starts to fall apart.
- Add chickpeas, salt and pepper and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Tear kale into bite size pieces and add to pan. Cook until kale wilts but still maintains its green hue, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve while hot.
* Reserve the chickpea liquid for baking. It's called aquafava and binds like eggs =)