This easy banana bread recipe can be made as dessert or as a snack.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt**
- 3/4 cup sugar***
- 1 cup almond milk, any milk will do
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 very ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In blender add sugar, milk, oil and 1 1/2 bananas. Reserve half a banana to slice on top. Blend for a second or two.
- Pour banana liquid on the flour and stir until batter is well mixed.
- Put the batter loaf pan, slice remaining banana and place on top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
To make this recipe even healthier you can add 1/4 cup oats and walnuts. * I used white whole wheat flour because I like the denseness of it. ** When baking, a pinch of salt adds contrast to sweet. *** I don't like my banana bread to be overly sweet, but if you have a sweet tooth I suggest making the sugar 1 cup rather than the 3/4 cups I used.